Kikuyu.com    KIKUYU.COM    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussions  Hop To Forums  Main Board    Africa's Largest Tribes

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Africa's Largest Tribes Login/Join

""Kahinga-nda Ka Maitu""
Silver Member
Picture of Njau ya Mbogo
posted
I did a quick search of some of Africa's biggest ethnic groups and their numeric estimates.

Here's the top ten in millions;

1.Oromo(Ethiopia)-29
2.Hausa(Nigeria)-28
3.Yoruba(Nigeria)-27
4.Amhara(Ethiopia)-23
5.Igbo(Nigeria)-23
6.Ijaw(Nigeria)-13
7.Fulani(Nigeria)-11
8.Zulu(S.Africa)-10
9.Shona(Zimbabwe-10
10.Somali(Somalia)-10

11.Gikuyu(Kenya)-8 (did not make the cut)

-Gùtirì Hiti na Wamùtìrì.

Posts: 169 | Location: Babylon, USA. | Registered: 08 October 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Ya Mbogo,

We need to invite Ethiopia to East Africa Community. Then after Somali stabilizes, they should also join.

""Kahinga-nda Ka Maitu""
Silver Member
Picture of Njau ya Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Maybe I should also add that at 8 million the House of Mumbi is roughly the size of Austria (8.3)ranking 93rd most populous in the world ahead of switzerland (7.5), Bulgaria(7.6)Israel(7.2), Denmark(5.4),Norway(4.7) e.t.c and 30th in Africa. That said am not advocating for secession. Remember our Igbo cousins and the Biafra war.We shed enough blood.

Posts: 169 | Location: Babylon, USA. | Registered: 08 October 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Njau, what is the ranking of kenya other major tribes?

who did that survey?

we all africans must love our tribes with all our stamina.lol.i meant heart, but at the same time we must love all the other african tribes withs the same gusto.

Those people who say "i hate this or that tribe" are kumbafu's and a great danger to africa wellbeing. its the like's who cause war and genocides like in molo,sudan, rwanda and congo. these people should be severely dealt with.

am shocked, that most africans tribes here are a combination of either kikuyu's, luos, luyha's, masai and kamba people. am talking about the whole of south africa tribes especially south west and central africa.

i still have to visit west africa to conduct my research.

Posts: 244 | Registered: 17 September 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
those kumbafu's africans who kill other africans because of e.g. land shouldn't they first ask the local and absentee landlord mzungu to give them and those other displaced african back their land which that foreign mzungu stole from them?

si most of masaai land bado ni private ranches or foreign-imperialist-army practice fields. those army bases are trojan horses.

ntimana of lie low like an envelope is very representative of odm. ruto i heard here that the new tribal clashes normally occur after his visits.

if one study the similarity between kalenjins and kikuyu culture, both tribes have alot in common. the same goes for most, if not all african tribes.

the reason for diversity is beauty.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
kibaki gova has given kenyans increased freedom while in usa, bush, has been giving them alarmingly decreasing liberty.

odinga i see and hear alot he is a dictotor like his crony george bush. remember he even has styled his power administration point as pentagon. raila obviouly is a george bush admirer. imagine that. alafu kuna waislamu wengine wamepotea wanataka kumfuata. raila admire bush who kill and support the killing of palestinians and other muslims.

sasa analeta majimbo ili kutenganisha wakenya.

si, kikuyu, kisii,kikamba, kiluya, zulu na kabila zingine nyingi ni kiibantu(bantu tribe). sasa kumbuka kiswahili ni a combination of bantu and arabic.

si sasa tumejionea kwamba waswahili na mkikuyu, mluya na wengine ni jamii moja. halafu odinga anahubiri majimbo?

huyo balala NDIO maana aliulizwa sura gani hii? halafu analeta story za majimbo. watu wengine nikama abunwasi.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
lakini abunwasi hatari kuzidia mno. tujikinge na watu hawa. hawa watu waonyese mou original sio hiyo fake one.

the way those odm islam leaders act, am sure they included honour killing of women in the original mou. otherwise they should tell kenyans why they wouldn't want to include such a sharia law that is still being practised elsewhere?

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
the reason kibaki has no mou is because we all saw him meet muslim leaders in broad day light and he answered all their questions in front of camera. some religious question were asked, he answered back he is not an expert in that field and asked them for guidance in that area. that was brilliant leadership.

odinga is the one who wrote a secret mou with some shady muslim leaders in the dark. am sure odinga supporters are after deals if their candidate wins unlike PNU which is for development of the entire kenya nation.

now imagine the growth rate ABLE President Kibaki has promised by the end of his next term or before that period.

isnt that growth rate same with that of india or china? the answer is yes. now consider the limited time he achieved that feat with.

i think that economic genius tittle kibaki is getting he's well worth it.

odinga score a flat zero when it come to his development record. halafu anataka kuongoza kenya.

kenyatta was a genius not to oppose kibaki but instead support him. it does not take a genius to see his reasoning. i think kenyatta or his advisers are political geniuses. those who opposed his move and dismised his reason are lame. kenyatta was too quick for them to see his moves. even that silly lame odm argument that kenyatta is a sell-out for abdicating his role as a chief opposition leader is very silly and lame if not visionless. kenyatta deserve a medal for his political genius for making that history. odm should drown in their shame for not seeing his brilliant move or that golden chance.

am sure odm eyes now that they are open its the reason they now envy kenyatta. no wonder they are now trying to lie about kenyatta mou with kibaki. kibaki sio mutu wa mou its odinga. instead of waiting for 2012 to meet kenyatta, odinga is already afraid of him, this explain the mudslinging about kenyatta mou.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Beste,

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
lakini am sure when odinga realized later with time kenyatta brilliant political move. he ogapa'd kenyatta. its understandable if one was in his(odinga) shoes.

pole everybody for straying. about african tribes i have always wanted a list of all nigerian, ethiopian and ghana tribes. any body know where i can get such data?

""Kahinga-nda Ka Maitu""
Silver Member
Picture of Njau ya Mbogo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beste:
Njau, what is the ranking of kenya other major tribes?

who did that survey?

we all africans must love our tribes with all our stamina.lol.i meant heart, but at the same time we must love all the other african tribes withs the same gusto.

Those people who say "i hate this or that tribe" are kumbafu's and a great danger to africa wellbeing. its the like's who cause war and genocides like in molo,sudan, rwanda and congo. these people should be severely dealt with.

am shocked, that most africans tribes here are a combination of either kikuyu's, luos, luyha's, masai and kamba people. am talking about the whole of south africa tribes especially south west and central africa.

i still have to visit west africa to conduct my research.

Like I said I just did a quick google out of curiousity, not a survey/research or quote any "official" data. I just checked various contries' given demographic and ethnic make-ups. (eg Kikuyu=22% of 37M = 8.14M). Until Africans will have a say on their territorial boundaries and forms of governments there will always be war. To me United Africa is the only solution.

<PGithinji>
posted
quote:
To me United Africa is the only solution.

Couldn't agree more.

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Maria,
How have you been doing? It's been an interesting read for you, i guess,with all this political talk here.Well now the ballot is going to do the talk and let's hope we can get back to the good old forums that we used to have.I'm just tired of this !!

Wakia wakini? Wi muhoro?

Posts: 628 | Location: Rware | Registered: 18 July 2005Report This Post